5:30pm, a call from my son that his basement is flooded. I will admit, the thought ran through my mind, "How much worse would it be if I stayed to do the ride and then went to his house?" No, I am not ashamed to admit this passing thought but then I decided I should go. I pressed a reluctant Andrew into the awesome responsibility of ride leader. As soon as someone else appeared who was willing to assume the role, Andrew readily gave it up. Hindsight being what it is.....
....I'm glad I departed. Aaron C took the above image while the group waited in a barn for a storm to pass. I hear around 20 people actually started the ride.
I headed toward Pataskala. Watkins Road, York Road and others were closed but then.....
.....Outville Road was open. I made it to my son's house and the basement was not bad at all. Oh well. Saturday ride options coming.....
As of this typing at 9:30pm on Wednesday, storms are forecast to roll through around 2:00pm on Thursday and we should be ok for kick off at 6:00pm. Of course, things could change so stay tuned... Below the routes.